Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Number 27

Oh today is just not my day :P Things are starting to turn around though; Got the internet working, my break pads aren't going to be as much as I thought, and a friend sent me some info to try and fix my harddrive =)

This is last nights post... but since my internet wasn't working, it's going up today.

______________________________________________________________________________

Today something clicked. I was sitting with my sister in Culvers helping her do a paper for her interspersonal communication class where she had to observe two strangers in converstaion and record their non-verbal commmunication.  I'm sitting there watching people and trying to work on some assignments at the same time, and felt absolutely no creativiity what so ever.

So I did what I usually do when something like that happens. I wrote. This is what ended up coming out.


I feel like I have no creativity. What happens when I don't, when I'm not feeling inspired, and I have to go to a shoot? I just go, and don't worry about it, and I start to get excited about the people I'm shooting, and as that happens I become creative with the things that I have. even if it's at a playground, and even if they don't have happen to be my favorite people.

People inspire me.

People inspire me because stories inspire me and each person has their own story to tell.

People inspire me to write stories.

Stories inspire me to visualize images to go wtih them.

Old things inspire me because they once belonged to another person and, to me, they represnet unknown stories.

Vintage things inspire me to imagine the people behind them.

And people inspire  me to write stories.

So basically I found that I'm inspired by three things:

Vintage things, Stories, and People

I'm not sure why that was such a revelation, but it was. I'm also not sure why it took me this long to realize it. I've always been a very imaginative person, and when I was little my favorite thing to do was make up stories in my head. But I was terrible at telling them because, although i didn't realize it at the time, they weren't stories made of words, they were stories made of pictures.

Anyway, I thought I'd shar the little "ah ha" moment that I had, sitting in Culvers, watching Ed and Helen enjoy their food and communicate without words ;) [It's kinda like the moment where I realized that I'm a very visual person... you'd have thought that would have been obvious considering I'm a visual artist, but it wasn't]

Today I:

• Finished my 20 offerings and what it means to my clients
• Came up with another blogging theme. I still have two to go.
• Started more ways my strengths could help my business
• Wrote some thoughts on the Tipping Point
• Finished the five words I think describe me and got feedback from one of my friends

Tomorrow I would like to:

• Finish my strengths (although I'm struggling on this one)
• Start comparing all me "Fives"; my five offerings, five values, five strengths and five personality traits
• And talk to Christina {this one didn't get done... oh for working internet :P }

No comments:

Post a Comment