Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 25

Time is flying wayyyyy tooo fasstttt. I'm leaving for the Bahamas a week from tomorrow. YIKES. So much to do, so little time to do it in. Not to mention that deer hunting opener is this weekend, and I've got work to do, and packing, and food, and and and.......

So I was totally a slacker this weekend, instead of working on assignments I went to a party yesterday and hung out with some family friends today... :P Which means that I don't really have anything to blog about. I couldn't ever decide if I didn't do anything if I should "add insult to injury" and not blog????

Tonight I wrote my to do list for tomorrow and I'm going to try to stay up late and get some other stuff done

Tomorrow I'd like to:

• Finish my what my Top 20 Offerings mean to my clients
• Blog on my public blog
• Gather my thoughts on The Tipping Point

And since I like reading others assignments I figured that I'd post my dream business profile. I had fun writing it, and I had fun reading others so.... here goes!

My Dreams ~

I love my dream business, because in it all my clients are absolutely fun, and willing to do anything to get gorgeous pictures.


I’d be doing about 20 weddings a year, and filling in with seniors and events, and occasionally fun families. My clients would be from all over the USA.  I would have plenty of time to spend on each shoot, making each session fun and all the images fabulous. Each session would be different, just like each of my clients. We would go fabulous places and shoot in gorgeous settings.  Even the times that we aren’t blessed with fabulous locals, my creative juices would always be “turned on” and I would work wonders with the mundane. 

After each shoot, I would spend time post processing my images, making each the way I saw them before my camera, and each lovely. My clients would order plenty of images, and the prints would be delivered in person, making me able to see everyone’s reactions. After the prints are delivered my clients would pick out their favorites, and I would craft a fabulous album to document their day, event, graduation, etc, along with a slideshow.


 In my free time I would pass on the things that I’ve learned and my passion for my art to others by teaching photography workshops. I would also volunteer my photography along with my writing to a special ministry for their promotional material.


In my dreams all the marketing I need comes from word of mouth, my happy clients passing on my name. No taxes need to be paid, no forms filled out, no contracts need signing. I don’t need to spend time marketing and promoting myself. All that’s needed is my camera, my subjects, my computer, Lightroom and my creativity.


It’s almost hard to end here, because if we are really talking dreams, another part of my dreams sees me as photographer (or photographer/writer) for Time, or Life, National Geographic, or Answers In Genesis, and yet another part of my dreams sees me writing photography books on intriguing people, in different places, and even another part…. actually I think that’s about it. It never hurts to dream, right?

4 comments:

  1. Wow Kelley, love the dream, especially the part about hand-delivering the images and seeing the clients' reactions...
    I'm also slightly jealous about the Bahamas, hope you have a great time and have a chance to get some great shots over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what's in the Bahamas? Do tell.

    And no, it never hurts to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greg!

    hehe... I've got a friend living in the Bahamas... so we're going to get the "real" experience :) I'm *so* excited to shoot down there, too, the girl I'm visiting is a photog, so I'm sure we'll get plenty of time to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you wrote, "No taxes need to be paid, no forms filled out, no contracts need signing." You seriously nailed my thoughts down to a tee! I busted out laughing after reading that!!!

    ReplyDelete